Pages

Wednesday 1 May 2019

ANZAC Diamante Poem

            ANZAC Diamante Poem

This week we have been doing learning about ANZAC day, and we have been doing learning about ANZAC day with a little booklet based on ANZAC. There was one task in the booklet "Words of war" where we had to find a poem about ANZAC and answer questions about the poem. The poem I chose was called "The Red Poppy" and the poem read:

The red poppy is a symbol
To simply show we care
For all our fallen heroes
A loss we all share

The red poppy is a symbol 
For many we have lost
In every conflict of war
Their valour at cost

The red poem is a symbol 
Wear it with pride for them
As each and every year goes by 
We shall remember them

I chose this poem because the words were very moving and using this poem we had a follow up task. Using the poem we chose, we had to create our own Diamante poem a diamante poem includes nouns, adjectives and verbs and the poem is set out like this:

noun
adjective adjective
verb verb verb
noun noun noun noun
verb verb verb 
adjective adjective
noun

Using my chosen poem as an example, I created my own diamante   poem.


I hope you liked my post and have you ever written a poem before? If so what was it about?

No comments:

Post a Comment