Pages

Wednesday 18 March 2020

100 % Percent!!

100% Percent

In Te Kahu I have been particularly focusing on my math, so when we have workshops, (short teacher-led session) I try to go to them when I feel the need to learn that task.
For this workshop we were learning how to find the percent of a whole number.
At first I felt like I can do it easily, but when she showed us a sheet to complete in our books; I was stunned and I didn't understand any of it! So I decided that it was better to learn the strategy.
She taught us a method:
Example: (Percent= Per is per number/out of
= Cent is one hundred/ Century)

Find 10% of 20 
Take 10 and divide it by 100:      10•100= 0.1
(when you do this step you move the decimal over by 2 spots or the same amount of zero's there are)

Next take your ans and times it by the number you are trying to find the percent of: 0.1 x 20= 2

(doing this step it is easier to times the 2 closer numbers in this case the 1 & 2 )    
10% of 20 = 2  

After this workshop I found it much easier to find percentages, I even completed the worksheet! I got 16/16 and I'm glad that I chose to go to that workshop; it really helped me improve! 

1 comment:

  1. How awesome Tiana, I am glad that you were able to learn something new and that you were able to put it into practice and achieve!
    Ka pai to mahi :)

    ReplyDelete