Pages

Wednesday 19 August 2020

_-*Preaching Personification*-_

 This week in Te Kahu has been crazy!

Settling back into our books we have been learning about writing features, and figurative language. One of these topics happen to be Personification! 

Personification means to give human-like qualities to non-human things such as plants, inanimate objects or animals etc. To follow up with this learning we were assigned to create a piece of writing using personification about the desk in front of us that we work on!

While doing this we were given tips that would help with giving our tables their own personalities! Like how they would feel, how they look and how we affect the tables themselves such as working on or around them. I enjoy creatively writing so this task was lot's of fun.

Here is my writing piece:


I enjoy the peace and quiet; the students are so loud when working but now I get a quick break. CRASH! Through the door burst the wild pack of students as they rush into their classroom. Before I knew it 2 of them rush towards me and slap books and stationary on my bright, green body.

I itch as the left-over tape sticks to my side, and quietly I giggle as pencils tickle me gently. Close to the ground I stand strong holding up the pressure and weight of school supplies as my students work! Keeping the struggle inside but yet through all the pain I am satisfied.

I love the joyful laughter and silly jokes the students exchange in front of me. The cheshire-like wide smiles are the thing I look forward to all day; but they're my favourite thing to see! The more they work the more scars that appear on my body. I start to notice the small stains, chips, ink and glue left on me...

Away they charge out the door as quick as light! As my good friend rings the home-time bell; I stretch and look out the window to see crowds of kids leap into cars and leave. The other tables and I share our daily experiences before laying down back to rest.

I shuffle and shift to get back into my positioni; as I do everyday. Now here I await for the students to return once more...


I really enjoyed this task because I felt that I was able to writer a high standard piece from the view of my everyday table. Now I am attached to my desk and I don't just think of it as a desk anymore! XD I discovered that I use personification in my writing much more often then I realised and it puts lots more detail and description into my writing!

Try using personification yourself about your desk!

How would your bed or device feel?


No comments:

Post a Comment