Pages

Thursday 27 September 2018

Term 3 Reflection

            Term 3

This Term has been so much fun!We did lots of:


-art

-sports
-activities
-literacy/reading + maths
-writing
-R.E/ Religious Education

As you should know my class LOVES to do art. All of those bright colours and patterns, so far what I have learnt/learnt more about is primary colours red,yellow,blue 

secondary colours orange,green,purple 
warm colours red,orange,yellow,pink  
cool colours green,blue,purple I really enjoyed doing art because it´s my hobby and I love doing it.

Sports is really cool and it helps keep you fit when we are doing kiwi sport.My school does lots of sports one of our most valued sport is X-Country-(cross country) We practice X-Country by running around the school block or doing the beep test.Once the big day has come we didn't just run around the field a few times, my school was so dedicated in what we do that the Cutler family allowed us to run around their farm.What a turn out it was, practically the whole school turned up and ran the 3ks up hill, down hill and through the slippery,squishy, splodgy mud! We couldn't have done X-Country without Mrs Cutler...

Thanks Mrs Cutler!

This Term we also did lots of cool activities like:

science,art projects,games and our new addition Kapa-Haka.
All of these activities were very exciting for one of them we made our own homemade crystals!Popcorn,sherbet,going on trips like when we went to the museum!It was really fun and enjoyable when we did these activities I can't wait to see what we do next term.

During Literacy and maths we did cool tasks like

Literacy-Art,geography,history
Maths- Geometry,art,symmetry 
While we did these things the teacher (Mrs Cutler) made all of these normal school things fun!Like turning geometry and symmetry into art, and making history interesting when we found out that our home town had some cool backstory! I wonder what else 
New Zealand has tucked away in books.

Writing has been a big step-up for me.We learnt how to write a newspaper article,how to write a speech and we were so lucky that we had the opportunity to meet and spend some quality with 

Des Hunt.Who helped me with writing by saying.'Show don't tell'
Eg-The dappled light shined through the damp dew on the leaves that fell to the leafy carpet of the forest floor.
Just by reading that sentence I think that it just rained, because the light shined on the dew-water on the forest floor.
Showing not telling.

I really enjoyed this Term, I had a jolly time learning all sorts of new things with my friends beside me.I got some of my learning done like basic facts.I can't wait for Term 4 and hope that everyone has a great holiday.


What do you look forwards to next Term? Why?


No comments:

Post a Comment