Pages

Thursday 4 June 2020

Floating in Space!

Floating Around Space!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For this task we had to use a site called Pobble 365 to finish some tasks about Gravity. Gravity is the natural phenomenon where light, planets/stars, galaxies and even mass or energy comes toward one another.
Like when you jump up in the air you are pulled towards the sky/moon/planets and stars and then when you fall back down you are pulled towards Earth!
There were 6 tasks in total you could choose from but we were set to choose 3. I chose to draw a classroom in space, answer questions about gravity/space and improve a sentence describing what it's like to be in a place with 0-Gravity!
Here are my answers and drawing:

  :) My drawing 

Questions:
If you lived here how would life be different? 
Living there life would be different because those who get car-sick or sea-sick may not deal well with being not able to control their movement.
It is thought that one day it may be possible to live on another planet. What do you think about this?
I think that moving to another planet would be cool! But there may be severe changes in the way we live: Dogs/pets may not deal well due to weather or air conditions?
Is it a good Idea? Why do you think that humans are looking for ways to live on another planet or in space?
No, it is not a good idea to move because we have never been on that planet before or know what kind of things happen there naturally.
If living in space, how would you be able to do everyday things in your life like brushing your teeth?
I would master doing special tricks to do normal things, or bolt things like tables down so they don't move.

Sentence:
Improve this sentence using your own choice of words!

I float around the room. To move around I push off things with my feet. It feels weird...

I drift around the room, not knowing where I'll end up next. To move, I struggle but I use my sturdy feet to push off the walls to get to other places. I can't control where I land next, swirling through the ship. 0 gravity, feels unusual...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 I enjoyed this task very much because I got to draw and get creative, and answer questions that I've never been asked!
I hope to do more learning around space and 0 gravity soon!

4 comments:

  1. Wow Tiana!! this is absolutely amazing! I love your picture the way you've shown perspective in you art and position it makes it feel like I'm floating in space myself! You've done an amazing job with your gravity activities! Great job Tiana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Piper!
    I'm glad you enjoyed my drawing because I spent lot's of time on it. What would one of your answers be to the questions above?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. one of the questions above: if you lived here how would life be different? I have motion sickness (mainly with cars but I'm perfectly fine with roller coasters) and I hope that if I ever entered a 0 gravity place Hopefully it won't be all motion sickness triggered. one thing that would be interesting is when using pens that have ink in them, and how it would reacted when writing.

      Delete
    2. Oh cool Piper! Thanks for answering one of the questions and my reply!

      Delete