Pages

Friday 5 June 2020

Marvellous Matariki

Marvellous Matariki
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since Matariki is coming up my class and I have been watching videos, doing research and have created our very own animations retelling one of the many versions out there.
I chose to retell this story by using scratch; and this story was one I am unfamiliar of.
This animation took me 2 weeks to make because I am not the best at coding (although scratch makes it easy) and because I had painted my own characters online instead of reusing other people's.
I enjoyed learning about Matariki and all the other versions I have never heard about.
Here is a link to my scratch animation for you to see!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I am very pleased with the end results and I hope you liked it as much as I did! Although next time I want to finish it faster and get more creative with the characters if I try to paint them again! 

Did you learn anything about Matariki from my animation?
Do you have a different version of this same story?

6 comments:

  1. Amazing! You are so talented Tiana and super creative, your retelling of matariki is amazing! you've done a great job with this matariki task. well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic animation Tiana, you have told the story of Matariki so well! Amazing creativity as well. Ka pai to mahi! Next we need to work on making the link more accessible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Whaea Danni!
      I don't know what went wrong for the link but I hope we can find a way to be more accessible so people can see what I've been working on.

      Delete
  3. Hi Tiana, great job! I really like the way that you presented your work.
    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Tiana how are you ? I love all the detail that you added to your story it was so cool. Stay safe.
    Raidon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'm Kinae from St Patrick's School Greymouth. I thought it was cool that you were learning about Mataraki. But I could not get onto your scratch game so hopefully you could fix that up! Blog you later!

    ReplyDelete