Pages

Thursday 14 May 2020

Speeches, Speeches and more SPEECHES!

Speeches, Speeches and more SPEECHES!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For my school this year they decided they would have speeches earlier on instead of Term 3, so my class and I have been learning about writing them.
Our teacher has been providing us with videos, slides and tasks that are based around writing speeches to help prepare us for our own; today she gave us this google drawing.
This google drawing is based on introductions and some different ways you can start your speeches with. With this we were set to move the options around to what we thought would be most effective for starting your speeches (at a year 7/8 level) to the least effective.
I thought that asking a question would be a great hook! It would draw your audience's attention and they would want to listen to what your speech is about; where telling a joke might not be the best way to go, especially if it is about something serious or if you want them to take your speech seriously. 
So I ordered them and this is my result!



I'm glad that we are learning about speeches now because I feel that with the new information I have, I can write a great speech using all the techniques, feedback and tips I learnt!

Do you start your speeches using any of these options?
If so why, do you think that would be best to start with?

4 comments:

  1. hi Tiana i think you did an amazing job with how you set up your task onto the blog. i like how you told everyone on what you were doing and how you did this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job tiana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Tiana! I really like how you've informed us about what the task is, and then wrote a reflection. I started my intro on speech with a rhetorical question. I think you've done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Tiana.
    This is a great reflection.
    Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete