Pages

Tuesday 26 May 2020

Jumping Jack

Jumping Jack

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back at school we have started doing a fun task called STEAM.
Steam stands for: 
Science Technology Engineering Art Maths
For this task we did the Egg Drop challenge; first we got buddied up in to pairs by picking out a stick from a cup with numbers. Whoever had the same number as you would be your partner; my buddy was a good friend of mine Blake, others in the class got close friends as buddies too!
Next we had to plan out a parachute to support and sustain the egg from when it drops from the deck and keep it from cracking! Our parachute was just about finished when the tape ran out; and our egg was going to roll off! But we managed to tie it to the bag and we were able to test the drop successfully!
Poor Jack (the egg) was fine, but he had cracked in one spot...
We failed but I had lot's of fun and cannot wait for our next STEAM challenge!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Next time, I want to work on my collaboration with my team and hopefully our next test will be successful!

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic reflection Tiana, poor Jack. He might need to go for some facial reconstruction surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice reflection Tiana, It was nice to hear what you enjoyed! :)
    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tiana, I really like how you explained what you did. I also like how you have presented your work in multiple ways it is really cool.
    Keep up the amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Sophie!
      I'm so glad that you liked my post and I will be sure to definitely check out your blog too!

      Delete
  4. Hi Tiana I really love how you explane it, and I think you did reallygood job with your design, even tho he didn't make it but it was still really cool well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Therese!
      I'm happy with our end product too so next time I can make adjustments and be more successful!

      Delete